Estimator and Job Manager - Eastern BOP
Our client is a heavy mechanical engineering service company specialising in component manufacturing, maintenance and re-engineering services including machining, balancing, fabrication, fitting, design, draughting and project management. They are a one stop and ideally located to service central North Island regions and overseas projects.
We are seeking a Job Manager with estimating capability to join this innovative and professional organisation based in the Eastern Bay of Plenty. This is a full time permanent contract and the purpose of this position is to oversee the planning, manufacturing and quality aspects of assigned jobs as they go through the workshop & ensure that jobs are delivered in full, on time and to specification while providing value to the customer and proposed margin to the company. A key component of this role is to ensure customer relationships are maintained and where possible enhanced. You will gain a clear understanding of the requirements of assigned jobs including scope, expected price and margin, quality and delivery and payment terms.
- Prepare estimates and proposals for various jobs
- Prepare detailed project plans to assist the Production Planner
- Chair when necessary project update meetings to ensure adequate internal communication
- Compile detailed job packages for keeping the job information in Estimating software up to date
- Oversee progress as the job passes through the workshop by:
- Liaising with workshop managers and supervisor
- Ensuring correct materials ordered and sub-contractors arranged
- Liaising with customers throughout the process where necessary
- Acting as the first point of contact for customers on assigned jobs
- Prepare proposals, negotiate and document variations when the scope of work changes
- In conjunction with the Quality Assurance Manager, ensure that the final Quality Assurance documentation is to a professional standard and meets the customer’s requirements
- Perform all other duties as required or needed to maintain or grow a profitable business
You will need a solid background in medium to heavy engineering, with experience in both a production and jobbing environment. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are essential in this role as is computer literacy and with good skills in Microsoft Office Packages (Word, Excel, Access and Project). You will be highly organised with excellent planning abilities.
Please email your CV in Word format with a covering letter detailing your experience and what qualifies you for this role to . For a confidential discussion contact Paddy on 07 571 4529 or 0274 99 66 43.
The Eastern Bay of Plenty is New Zealand’s sunniest lifestyle destination. All within 30 mins of the place of work is water skiing and wakeboarding on lakes or harbours, deep sea or trout fishing, golf (links or trees), surfing – points, beaches or reefs, and some of the Best hunting around ...It also has a vibrant cafe, restaurant and pub scene and is home to some of NZ’s best tourist attractions.
Harper Smith Recruitment Ltd is a technical recruitment company and we specialise in the recruitment and search and selection of professionals from an Engineering, Heavy Industrial Manufacturing and Construction background. For other opportunities visit www.harpersmith.co.nz
All enquiries and applications to Harper Smith Recruitment are treated in strict confidence. Under no circumstances does Harper Smith Recruitment provide information either written or verbally on any candidate to any client without prior approval from the candidate.