Construction Manager - Civils / Land Development / Multi Unit residential developer
Our client is a long established North Island developer undertaking projects throughout the North Island, however this permanent full time role will focus on the Hawkes Bay. This is a unique role in that we require land development and civils Project Manager who can carry on each project (in conjunction with the experienced vertical construction site manager) and drive the programme through to completion. It complements their existing management team and is centred on the management of projects, ensuring timeliness, quality and financial targets are met. In addition, leadership and management of contractors is a significant part of this position, as is building successful relationships with all project stakeholders, consultants and owners.
This is an outstanding opportunity to build on your career and obtain valuable experience with a successful and highly professional company. No day will be the same and they have a strong forecast of important projects coming up in the Hawkes Bay.
Experience, qualification, competencies and skills:
- Experience with land development, roading, utilities, and drainage project management
- Have working knowledge of NZS 3910.
- Appropriate Civil Engineering or construction related qualifications
- High level of man management skills, be able to lead from the front, and work confidently with different personalities and reporting structures
- Good level of business acumen and analytical skills
- Good level of computer skills and appropriate software competencies
- High level of communication skills.
- Programming of work, reviewing contractors programmes and progress monitoring to keep projects on time and budget
- Identify, anticipate and resolve issues as they arise.
- Attend, conduct and record weekly site meetings with contractors
- Drawing and document control (ensure contractors have correct drawings)
- Identify and advise Manager or Director of any project risk that has changed or new risks not identified to date that may impact on project delivery, cost, obtaining titles etc.
- Quality control – carry out regular inspections of various activities to ensure that a high quality is delivered in accordance with specifications and council Infrastructure Development Code.
- Manage sub-contractors as required.
- Liaise and meet with consultants as required (engineers, planners, surveyors, geotech engineers, landscape designers etc)
- Ensure that regular compaction testing is carried out and that the geotech engineers requirements are carried out.
- Carry out checks to ensure that setting out is correct.
- Procurement, Payment Claims & Invoicing
Please apply online or call Paddy on 0274996643 or e-mail with your CV in word format and a cover letter detailing your experience relating to this role.
Please note we are only considering applicants who are NZ Citizens or NZ permanent residents.
Harper Smith Recruitment is a technical recruitment company specialising in the search, selection & recruitment of professionals in Construction & Engineering.
All enquiries and applications to Harper Smith Recruitment are treated in strict confidence. Under no circumstances does Harper Smith Recruitment provide information either written or verbally on any candidate to any client without prior approval from the candidate.