Civil 3D Designer - Christchurch
With key projects and ventures lined up for the coming year within the land development and civil infrastructure sectors, now is the perfect time to join this leading and successful multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, based in Christchurch. This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Civil Designer/Engineer with a minimum of 3 years’ experience seeking the next challenge in their career and looking to join an organisation that has an extensive and diverse project workload.
The person we are after has experience in Civil 3D design or 12D. They will be proficient and technically skilled in their abilities in order to meet the demands of this role. In particular, the successful candidate will have a sound understanding and knowledge of civil design with experience in tailoring towards high quality project output to the relevant design standards. You will be involved in the civil engineering design of a wide range of projects with a good majority of land development ventures.
Responsibilities in this role include:
- Producing detailed designs
- Preparing engineering calculations, specifications and design documentation
- Liaising with clients and other stakeholders
- Preparing engineering reports and applications to council
- Working in a team based environment
- Delivering developments within specified time periods
To be considered you will need to have:
- Proven experience in a similar role
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Solid experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D OR 12D
- Developed interpersonal and written communication skills
- Local industry experience will be beneficial
- The ability to oversee projects and liaise with clients
This is a great chance to work alongside industry experts and professionals, within an organisation that places a high value on its people and work/life balance. A competitive salary package will be negotiated for the successful candidate.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Stephen Smith on 021 664 367. To apply, please email a copy of your CV (in Word format) with a covering letter detailing your experience to .
All enquiries and applications to Harper Smith Recruitment are treated in strict confidence. Under no circumstances does Harper Smith Recruitment provide information either written or verbally on any candidate to any client without prior approval from the candidate.
Harper Smith Recruitment Ltd is a technical recruitment company specialising in the recruitment, search and selection of professionals within Construction, Engineering and Industrial Manufacturing related industries. Check out our website for further opportunities www.harpersmith.co.nz.