Civil Project Manager, Developer, Tauranga
Our client is a leading developer undertaking projects throughout the Bay of Plenty and Waikato. This is a unique role that complements their existing management team and is centred on the management of projects, ensuring timeliness, quality and financial targets are met. In addition, leadership and management of contractors is a significant part of this position, as is building successful relationships with all project stakeholders, consultants and owners.
This is an outstanding opportunity to build on your career and obtain valuable experience with a successful and highly professional company with a culture second to none. No day will be the same and they have a strong forecast of important projects coming up which will be iconic in the region.
Experience, qualification, competencies and skills:
- Experience with large scale land development project management experience with a proven track record of success.
- Appropriate Civil Engineering qualifications management or related qualification required.
- High level of man management skills, be able to lead from the front, and work confidently with different personalities and reporting structures
- High level of business acumen and analytical skills
- High level of computer skills and appropriate software competencies
- High level of communication skills.
- Be seeking a long term and stakeholder participation in the company over time.
- Visit all sites on a daily basis.
- Programming of work, reviewing contractors programmes and progress monitoring to keep projects on time and budget
- Identify, anticipate and resolve issues as they arise.
- Attend, conduct and record weekly site meetings with contractors
- Project administration and record keeping.
- Use and maintain appropriate Company systems
- Provide information and data for budgets and feasibility studies
- Track expenditure against budget
- Assist with the preparation of tender documents and schedules
- Have working knowledge of NZS 3910.
- Manage any issues that may arise from our activities effecting or impacting on adjoining neighbours
- Drawing and document control (ensure contractors have correct drawings)
- Identify and advise Manager or Director of any project risk that has changed or new risks not identified to date that may impact on project delivery, cost, obtaining titles etc.
- Advise of any pending claims or significant VO’s that may arise.
- Quality control – carry out regular inspections of various activities to ensure that a high quality is delivered in accordance with specifications and council Infrastructure Development Code.
- Manage sub-contractors as required.
- Liaise and meet with consultants as required (engineers, planners, surveyors, geotech engineers, landscape designers etc)
- Have a good understanding of earthworks construction methods and equipment
- Liaise with contractors and geotech engineers
- Ensure that regular compaction testing is carried out and that the geotech engineers requirements are carried out.
- Ensure silt controls and dust controls are in place and maintained for duration of contract.
- Have good knowledge of the Regional Council Erosion and Sediment Control Guidelines and how to implement them.
- Ensure contractors meet specifications and level tolerances.
- Supervise retaining wall construction, arrange regular inspections, arrange for producer Statements, asbuilts and CCC.
- Arrange for and assist with Iwi topsoil monitoring.
- Arrange for and liaise with archaeologist to commence necessary work so that earthworks is not held up.
- Liaise and work closely with council Pollution Control and Monitoring Officers.
- Carry out checks to ensure that setting out is correct.
- Liaise with design consultants, Council Development Engineers and inspectors as required.
- Ensure Construction drawings are in accordance with council approved drawings.
- Arrange and attend all inspections and tests required to meet the councils and or building Consents.
- Ensure that contractors record QA information and asbuilts in order for consultants to be able to timely certify works.
- Ensure the end product meets quality specifications and expectations.
- Identify opportunities for and assist with value engineering.
- Liaise closely with contractors on a daily basis
- Arrange for street lighting and landscaping to be carried out in a timely manner to meet requirements.
- Liaise with, coordinate and manage utility providers not directly engaged by contractors.
- Carry out checks to ensure that setting out is correct.
Resource Consents, Building Consents & NES
- Ensure contractors comply with resource consent conditions.
- Ensure we comply with resource consent conditions
- Ensure contractors have approved Traffic Management Plans in place and are complying with conditions.
- Ensure silt and dust controls are in place on all sites and that these controls are managed proactively.
- Liaise with Regional Council monitoring officers
- Carry out Resource consent reporting & notifications as required.
- Comply with Heritage NZ Consent conditions.
- Ensure Building Consent conditions are complied with and that the required data and records are maintained to obtain CCC.
Procurement, Payment Claims & Invoicing
- Obtain competitive quotes or offers of Services for various work packages and consulting services as required.
- Check, verify and approve contractors monthly progress claims and invoices
- Allocate claims and invoices in accordance with company Job Cost Codes.
- Follow company procurement procedures.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Project
- Qualifications – NZCE or similar with practical engineering experience.
For a confidential discussion contact Paddy Shaw on 0274 99 66 43
Harper Smith Recruitment is specialist construction and civil engineering recruitment consultancy who focus on the search, selection and recruitment of construction and engineering professionals.
All enquiries and applications to Harper Smith Recruitment are treated in strict confidence. Under no circumstances does Harper Smith Recruitment provide information either written or verbally on any candidate to any client without prior approval from the candidate.