Construction Manager, Residential, Tauranga
You will be responsible for managing people (4 - 6 PM's & support staff) and building processes to ensure constant performance improvement in the operational segment of this well established and recognised national and BOP building firm. This includes program management, subcontractor management, financial and stakeholder management.
We want to hear from current Construction Managers or experienced Project Managers with outstanding communication and leadership qualities who feel it is time to transition into this broader management role.
You will also be overseeing and managing PM’s with their own multiple dwellings and activities, mentoring and managing them to take full control of the building site management specifically focused on ensuring that subcontractors are carrying out assigned work in a timely, cost effective and high quality manner while ensuring Occupational Health & Safety policies and processes are in place and adhered to at all times. Liaising to ensure stages of work are completed in line with expectations and providing updates to the business and client on progress and issues arising.
It is expected that you will come with quality references verifying your previous performance.
You will ensure that the company’s brand is protected by delivering strong management to your team and placing a premium on excellence in customer service acting in the best interest of the Company at all times. This company prides themselves on building stylish, higher end homes, providing an exceptional level of service to their clients from design to handover. They continue to experience steady growth and have built a recognised brand and strong reputation for themselves within the industry.
You will need:
- Extensive construction experience in NZ and to NZ Building Code and Standards (including NZS3910, NZS3604)
- LBP is essential
- Proven experience leading and developing Project Managers, who are each responsible for delivery and budget performance on multiple concurrent construction sites
- Experience or qualifications within NZ construction
- A high level of commitment to health and safety
- Strong ability to effectively delegate
- C of driving project teams forward as a cohesive and focused unit
- A proven track record of delivering ahead of time, to budget and beyond client expectations
- Possess the ability to think on your feet and to solve problems quickly and effectively
This is an exciting opportunity and one that you will be well rewarded for. For a confidential discussion, contact Paddy Shaw on 0274 99 66 43 or apply to
Harper Smith Recruitment Ltd is a technical recruitment company specialising in the recruitment, search and selection of professionals within Construction, Engineering and Industrial Manufacturing related industries. Check out our website for further opportunities www.harpersmith.co.nz.
All enquiries and applications to Harper Smith Recruitment are treated in strict confidence. Under no circumstances does Harper Smith Recruitment provide information either written or verbally on any candidate to any client without prior approval from the candidate.