Construction Project Manager, Large Developer - Tauranga
Our client is a long established leading North Island developer undertaking their own projects throughout the upper North Island, however this role will focus on the Bay of Plenty and Waikato. Recent events affecting the world has not slowed this company at all, only delaying some projects well underway.
This role will see you responsible for all, end to end, aspects associated with residential construction and communal buildings project management across all sites. From initial planning through to post-handover remedial work and ongoing long-term maintenance. The key objective is to deliver all buildings and dwellings on time, to budget, and to quality standards. The role requires regular site visits and site meetings.
This is a unique role that complements their existing management team and is centred on the management of projects, ensuring timeliness, quality and financial targets are met. In addition, leadership and management of contractors is a significant part of this position, as is building successful relationships with all project stakeholders, consultants and owners.
This is an outstanding opportunity to build on your career and obtain valuable experience with a successful and highly professional company with a strong culture. No day will be the same and they have a strong forecast of important projects coming up which will be important in the region.
Experience, qualification, competencies and skills:
- Project management experience and/or suitable qualifications
- Appropriate Building and Construction experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Based in Tauranga and able to travel when required.
- Strong team contribution and inter departmental relationship focus.
- High level of competency in creating and using Gannt charts and/or Project management applications
- High level of competency in MS office suite specifically MS Excel
- Quantity survey and accounting skills an advantage.
- Ability to work under time pressure.
Project Management, Contract Management, Financial Management
- Programme and schedule management
- Group/stage handover management
- Quality assurance and pre-handover sign off
- Remedial work management
- Variation management
- Margin and pricing efficiencies review
- Spec and design optimisation and review
- Subcontract management
- Weekly PCG/contractor meetings
- Gannt chart management
- New communal buildings and village centre project management
- Communal area development management
- New site master planning (supporting SPM)
a. Post hand over remedial work management (supporting VM’s)
b. Long term maintenance of company assets management
- Budget management and forecasting & variance reporting
- Feasibility modelling
- Invoice approval
- PO issuing
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and ideally project
For a confidential discussion contact Paddy Shaw on 0274 99 66 43.
Harper Smith Recruitment is specialist construction and civil engineering recruitment consultancy who focus on the search, selection and recruitment of construction and engineering professionals.
All enquiries and applications to Harper Smith Recruitment are treated in strict confidence. Under no circumstances does Harper Smith Recruitment provide information either written or verbally on any candidate to any client without prior approval from the candidate.