Graduate Civil Engineer
Gain exceptional industry experience while you study. 15 to 30 hours per week available within this permanent position.
Working closely with the director of the business you will be mentored and gain exceptional experience and exposure across the field. Attaining a wide scope of skills and being involved in a wide variety of projects, from initial feasibility / concepts through to completion, increasing your responsibilities as you develop.
This role is the perfect for 2nd or 3rd year engineering students completing their tertiary qualifications or someone wanting to return to the industry part time who already has experience within engineering or consultancy.
Within this role you can expect a mix of onsite and office work assisting a variety of projects and clients with exciting projects. Responsibilities and areas covered within this role:
- Project management (multi-discipline)
- Operation & Management Plans
- Contract preparation, procurement and Engineer’s Representative
- Erosion, Sediment Control, Stormwater & Wastewater Design
Skills and experience needed:
- In the process of completing a tertiary qualification (BE, NZDE, BEngtech, BSurv, NZDS) or already graduated and looking for a flexible position within engineering consultancy.
- Familiar with construction contracts and consent requirements
- Comfortable working onsite conducting inspections/Site Surveys
- A high standard of written and verbal communication skills
- A confident professional approach whilst working onsite
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and Excel is an advantage
You must have NZ residency or NZ citizenship for this position.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Hazel on 07 571 4529 or submit a copy of your CV (in Word format) and a cover letter detailing what technically qualifies you for this role. Your application will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Harper Smith Recruitment Ltd is a technical recruitment company and we specialise in the recruitment and search and selection of professionals from an Engineering, Heavy Industrial Manufacturing and Construction background. For other opportunities visit www.harpersmith.co.nz
All enquiries and applications to Harper Smith Recruitment are treated in strict confidence. Under no circumstances does Harper Smith Recruitment provide information either written or verbally on any candidate to any client without prior approval from the candidate.