Junior Mechanical Project Engineer
This is the perfect opportunity to take a step up in your career and relocate to the sunny Bay of Plenty.
Based in the Eastern Bay of Plenty, our client is a heavy mechanical engineering service company specialising in component manufacturing, maintenance and re-engineering services including machining, balancing, fabrication, fitting, design, and draughting and project management.
This is a position for an up and coming Mechanical Project Engineer who will be involved in Job planning, Engineering design concepts, calculations and implementing practical solutions for a diverse range of clients for domestic jobs. Projects will vary greatly and will require a lot of internal coordination of functions and some procurement will be necessary within New Zealand. If you have experience in heavy rotating machinery or similar on the tools and carry sound computer skills and might be looking to step up into Project Management, then this could be ideal for you.
As the mechanical project engineer you will gain experience across the business including; Procurement, Draughting, Estimating and Health and Safety systems and procedures. This is a rare and valuable opportunity to step up in your career and gain exceptional exposure and experience in a heavy mechanical engineering company.
You will need to have:
- 2+ years’ experience in medium to heavy engineering workshop.
- NZ Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience with solid works.
- Good computer skills.
- Strong communication.
Responsibilities and industry exposure, you will receive in this project engineering position.
- Be actively involved in over viewing the Quality of inwards and outwards goods.
- Oversee procurement and jobbing distribution and scheduling.
- Liaise closely with workshop managers and supervisors to ensure appropriate understanding of the job requirements, including expected delivery date and other key milestones, and assisting in the clear documentation of the job scope.
- Work with the Design team in production and assist with engineering drawings as required.
- Monitor progress of customer’s jobs and make sure each customer is informed of progress.
- Learn the methodology used to determine the quoted price, and ensure that actual work is completed to this methodology.
Competitive remuneration is on offer for this role. For a confidential discussion, please contact Hazel on 027 341 0044 or email your application including your CV (in Word format) and a covering letter detailing your technical experience that qualifies you for this role to
Please understand your application will be treated in strict confidence.
Harper Smith Recruitment Ltd is a technical recruitment company specialising in the recruitment, search and selection of professionals within Construction, Engineering and Industrial Manufacturing related industries. Check out our website for further opportunities www.harpersmith.co.nz.
All enquiries and applications to Harper Smith Recruitment are treated in strict confidence. Under no circumstances does Harper Smith Recruitment provide information either written or verbally on any candidate to any client without prior approval from the candidate.