SUMMARY OF POSITION PURPOSE
This role must be based in Tauranga.
Their work load continues to grow through the central North Island which means they need an experienced candidate for this position.
The Pre-Construction Design Manager is an integral part of the Projects team who will provide expertise to key stakeholders during the pre-construction, build and hand over process. Liaison with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of projects worth 10’s of millions are on time and within budget.
- Lead and drive the design and construction process on a number of projects
- Bridge the gap between design and project delivery
- Work closely with the Design teams in end to end management of the project
- Oversee the design function from initial design and tender preparation through to project delivery and completion
- Build and maintain quality professional relationships with all stakeholders
- Project management of sites during the entire build process
- Someone with 5 plus years’ experience in a similar role, preferably for a main contractor or developer
- Qualifications and experience Construction Management, Project Management or extensive architectural Design and Construction Management
- Highly tuned understanding of design and construction processes in New Zealand from pre-construction to build and hand over
- Extensive experience in design management coupled with strong planning and highly developed project management skills
- Expertise in managing various stakeholders including designers, delivery team and clients
- Strong experience in project management of apartments and commercial projects Understanding of contractual and building regulations and obligations
- The ability to produce high quality documents and construction methodologies
For a confidential discussion, please contact Paddy Shaw on 07 571 4529 or apply online with a cover letter detailing what technically qualifies you for this role. Your application will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Harper Smith Recruitment Ltd is a technical recruitment company and we specialise in the search, selection and recruitment of professionals from a Construction, Civil Engineering and Industrial Manufacturing background. For other opportunities visit www.harpersmith.co.nz
All enquiries and applications to Harper Smith Recruitment are treated in strict confidence. Under no circumstances does Harper Smith Recruitment provide information either written or verbally on any candidate to any client without prior approval from the candidate.