Purchasing Team Leader - Industrial Engineering
Our client is a leader in global manufacturing. They are now seeking a Purchasing Team Leader to oversee the purchasing team and supplier network throughout the manufacturing departments. This is a key role within the engineering manufacturing department based in Tauranga.
As a purchasing specialist you should have a strong background within an engineering manufacturing environment. Knowledge in automotive parts and machinery components is an advantage as you will be working to achieve best practice and reach solutions within the project development stages.
You should have a key understanding of manufacturing components and supply chain purchasing. You will be responsible for mentoring your team, overseeing purchasing, inventory and forecasting. You will be responsible for strategic sourcing and ensuring a reliable end to end supply chain of quality components.
We are looking for a strategic thinker with a level head and strong communication skills, with the ability to foster close relationships with key stakeholders whilst proactively, and continually seeking opportunities for improvement.
- Our client is a leader in global manufacturing. They are now seeking a purchasing team leader to oversee the purchasing supply chain team.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft packages and purchasing software
- Assess stock take and inventory procedures to ensure optimal policies and practices
- Communicate with key suppliers to develop solutions in a controlled environment.
- Identify opportunities for component and sourcing improvements through effective relationships with existing suppliers.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an employer of choice who offers work/life balance and a competitive salary package. For a confidential discussion, contact Paddy Shaw on 0274 99 66 43, apply via this website, or email a copy of your CV (in Word format) and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All enquiries and applications to Harper Smith Recruitment are treated in strict confidence. Under no circumstances does Harper Smith Recruitment provide information either written or verbally on any candidate to any client without prior approval from the candidate.
Harper Smith Recruitment Ltd is a technical recruitment company specialising in the recruitment, search and selection of professionals within Industrial Manufacturing, Construction and Civil Engineering industries. Check out our website for further opportunities www.harpersmith.co.nz