Quantity Surveyor, Residential , Penny Homes, Taupo
They are committed to providing a healthy work culture and value integrity, working as a team and collaboration to achieve results you can be proud of. They also embrace the use of technology to provide a more efficient product and service to their clients.
They now require an experienced Quantity Surveyor based in their Taupo office. This position will see the successful candidate taking full control of the pricing for projects and ensuring construction costs are managed efficiently, and schedules of quantities are accurately recorded for material and labour costs.
- Accurately and efficiently preparing estimates and tenders for clients, projects and development proposals.
- Managing/Overseeing a small QS team to achieve their set tasks and KPI’s and aid in their development.
- Completing assigned projects in a timely manner within budget and to a high standard while maximizing gross margins for the company
- The Quantity Surveyor will have autonomous management of the QS responsibilities for projects in the areas designated and will be highly involved from the start of the project to the end. You will be expected to prepare contract documentation, create specifications, estimates and costs, complete orders, check invoices and will complete the analysis of costs while the project is in progress.
- Work will involve significant amount of measuring and pricing all trades along with contracts admin, the QS will maintain a high quality pricing and take off system, providing accurate schedules for projects within the company.
To be considered for this role:
- Have proven experience in a similar QS role within the residential or commercial construction environment. Eg If you can pick up resource consent level drawings for a 40 lot subdivision and be quite comfortable measuring and pricing all trades accurately then I want to talk to you.
- Be a strong communicator as you will be dealing with a wide range of people including customers and suppliers
- Strong IT capabilities with the ability to pick up new systems and software packages
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks and high volumes
- Great sense of humour while maintaining professionalism and accuracy
- Please note you must have NZ experience and NZ residency to apply for this role.
Harper Smith Recruitment Ltd is a technical recruitment company specialising in the search, selection and recruitment of professionals within Construction and Engineering. Check out our website for further opportunities www.harpersmith.co.nz.
All enquiries and applications to Harper Smith Recruitment are treated in strict confidence. Under no circumstances does Harper Smith Recruitment provide information either written or verbally on any candidate to any client without prior approval from the candidate.