Senior Civil Engineer
Stratum Consultants Ltd is a Bay of Plenty based and owned multidisciplinary consultancy company. The range of services they offer in-house are primarily related to the planning, analysis, design and implementation of infrastructural and land development projects. Their expertise includes Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Project Management, Resource Management Planning, Surveying and Urban Design.
With a proud history of partnering with their clients to deliver technical and commercially sound engineering resolutions across New Zealand, they are now looking to appoint a talented Senior Civil Engineer with a focus on land development projects to join their head office in Tauranga. This is a pivotal role with the responsibility for leading the engineering design of land development projects. You will work closely with the Engineering Director to grow their civil engineering presence.
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertake and lead the civil design for medium to large land development projects
- Oversee projects from start to finish by working collaboratively with Designers, Geotechnical specialists, Surveyors and Planners
- Prepare engineering calculations, specifications and design documentation
- Guide and mentor junior staff
- Construction monitoring
- Build and maintain strong client, local authority and contractor relationships
- Assist the Engineering Director with business development opportunities
Skills and Experience needed:
- Recognised engineering degree and CPEng qualified (or close to)
- Land development and engineering design in three waters, earthworks and roading
- Significant experience in the consultancy market in NZ in a similar role
- High proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Leadership of projects and staff on land development projects
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a Senior role within a well established company in Tauranga with a very large and successful client base. They offer an excellent remuneration package which includes generous wellness benefits, flexible working arrangements and professional development opportunities. Future shareholding opportunities may be available to the right person.
From April, Stratum staff will work a 36 hour week and finish every Friday at 12pm.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Stephen Smith on 021 664 367 or to apply, email a copy of your CV and a covering letter to .
All enquiries and applications for this role are going exclusively to Harper Smith Recruitment and are treated in strict confidence. Under no circumstances does Harper Smith Recruitment provide information either written or verbally on any candidate to any client without prior approval from the candidate.
Harper Smith Recruitment Ltd is a technical recruitment company specialising in the recruitment, search and selection of professionals within Construction, Engineering and Industrial Manufacturing related industries. Check out our website for further opportunities www.harpersmith.co.nz.
All enquiries and applications to Harper Smith Recruitment are treated in strict confidence. Under no circumstances does Harper Smith Recruitment provide information either written or verbally on any candidate to any client without prior approval from the candidate.