Senior Quantity Surveyor
W Hamilton Construction is an established and well respected company, currently specialising in high end residential builds and small to medium sized commercial projects. The company is looking to increase its portfolio of commercial projects in the future. Established in 1996 and based in Dunedin since 2007, W Hamilton pride themselves on their comprehensive service throughout the build process, from conception to completion.
Due to company growth, an experienced Senior Residential Quantity Surveyor is now required to assist the team. The successful candidate will be joining the estimating and project management team, and will have the support of a team estimator. This provides the chance to mentor and pass on your own expertise, as well as lighten some of your workload.
The successful candidate will need to have a minimum of 4 years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor.
- Preparation of estimates including review and engagement of subcontractors
- Management of the Build Cost Budget from pre-construction through to completion, including processing of claims and variations
- Actively seek to improve systems and processes to maximise efficiency
- Complete site visits as required
- Contribute to the growth of the W Hamilton culture by representing core values and the company in a positive light
- Assist Management and/or Directors with a range of other duties as required
The successful candidate will be:
- A dedicated team player
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products including Excel and Project
- Able to prioritise competing tasks
- Experienced in the New Zealand market
- Preferably familiar with CAT or SUBIT software
This is a unique opportunity to join a small, tight knit team that excel at what they do. This role may also offer the potential for the right candidate to join with the management team in further business opportunities in the future.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Sian on 0273 403 703, or apply through this website or email your application including your CV (in Word format) and a covering letter detailing your technical experience that qualifies you for this role to .
Please understand your application will be treated in strict confidence.
Harper Smith Recruitment Ltd is a technical recruitment company specialising in the recruitment and search and selection of professionals and senior appointments from a Construction, Engineering and Heavy Industrial Manufacturing background.
All enquiries and applications to Harper Smith Recruitment are treated in strict confidence. Under no circumstances does Harper Smith Recruitment provide information either written or verbally on any candidate to any client without prior approval from the candidate.